6 Fun Ways to Get Fit Without Going to a Gym
It’s common knowledge that people nowadays have a low fitness level, and they could benefit from more exercise. But maybe you work long hours, have a busy schedule, have kids and housework to think of, and don’t even have enough money for more than paying your bills, not to mention a gym. Or maybe you’re used to fitting the gym in your daily to-do-list, but just got tired of using the same machines day-in and day-out, or doing the same aerobic routines. Here are 6 ways you will surely love, that will allow you to get fit without a gym:
1.Fun family weight training.Weight-training is a great way to build lean muscle, which in turn helps you burn more calories. You’ll also see a change in your body composition and an overall improvement in your looks. Women shouldn’t be afraid about becoming too muscular – you don’t have enough testosterone for that. What’s more, you don’t need a gym to lift weights, nor do you need expensive gym equipment. Just hold your toddler tight and do some a few squats, or use your puppy instead of a kettlebell for some kettlebell-swings.
2. Play with your kids more.Get involved in their games, they will absolutely adore you for trying to spend time with them. And they also do a lot of fun cardio: always jumping around, playing hopscotch or hide-and-seek. If you have more time, you can teach them something new, like playing tennis. These exercises are all great for getting your heart-rate going and improving your health. What’s more, you can even turn house-chores into a game, the little ones will be captivated, and you’ll get the work done.
3. Go for an early morning jog.Take your dog and go run around as much as you can. If it’s really early in the morning, you can enjoy the benefit of more quiet. You’ll feel exhilarated and you’ll get the chance to exercise your whole body, especially if you’re carrying a couple of water bottles along. If you’re up to date with weight loss news, you know that jogging is one of the most popular forms of outdoor exercise. The reason is that it increases your heart rate, and burns a lot of calories. Plus, it’s a good way to forget all about stress before going to work.
4. Ride your bike to work.If you already went for that morning jog, you might also want to consider upping its boons by ridding your bike to work. This form of exercising before work has become itself quite fashionable. Some companies advise their employees to take advantage of special programs that allow purchasing discount bikes for that exact purpose. Do you live very far from work and can’t use your bike as a travel means? Just put it in the trunk and pedal around during your lunch break. You’ll be able to get some fresh air, and some much-needed energy to last you through the day.
5. Go on a romantic weekend hike with your partner.Forget about pizza night or driving to a fancy restaurant for date-night. Just take a weekend off and have an old-fashioned picnic on top of a hill, after a nice hike. You won’t have menus or other people around to distract you, it’ll just be the two of you. The hike will give you the opportunity to talk, laugh, and explore new things together, while the picnic will provide you with some well-deserved alone-time. It’s a good way of bonding, which will probably become even better if you don’t have any phone signal.
6. Eat healthy food.According to various studies, bad diet is a number one cause of the obesity epidemic. Most people frequently eat junk food, which has a lot of processed fats, and some don’t have a lot of control on their portion sizes. The more weight-conscientious ones rely on low-fat products, which are even more dangerous due to their high amount of sugar, or miracle pills and fad-diets, which generally don’t work. The best thing to do is eat enough from all the food-groups and drink the recommended amount of water. You can try all the weight loss shakesyou want, but if you’re not eating healthily and getting enough physical activity, those pounds are never going to come off! Just enjoy yourself and have lots of fun while also moving more.
Conclusion: Follow all this advice and you will surely see those pounds fly off, while also having fun in the meantime!
Ella James is an aspiring author who is pursuing Health Services Administration degree from St. Petersburg College. She is an active contributor to Consumer Health Digest, which is a leading Health News Website. In recent years, she had the opportunity to write Dermaset reviews. Get connected with her on Facebookand Twitter.