Dyanna Spa in Manhattan, N.Y. has some great beauty tips and spa treatments for the change in weather. Colder weather and the holidays are not a particularly good combination. The cold dries out the skin and scalp, and the holidays bring on a myriad of emotions, including high stress, low energy, and depression.
Holiday parties offer temptations that are difficult to resist -- loads of alcohol and food. People end up eating and drinking more than normal. Normally, what follows is low spirits and less than radiant skin.
Dyanna Spa and Nail Salon’s Winter Beauty Tips
Here are a few tips to keep your skin, hair, and emotions in good shape.
1. Watch out for those parties and try not to overdo it. Just think ahead to the next morning when you’ll feel bloated, perhaps hung over, and not pleased with yourself. It’s a self-esteem beating.
2. When you shower in the morning, make sure the water is not hot. Tepid is best. Hot water will dry out your skin, scalp, and hair.
3. Apply a good conditioner to help moisturize your hair and scalp.
4. Apply moisturizer to your face and body (preferably one with SPF30) as soon as you get out of the shower, while the pores of your skin are still open. This helps the moisturizer penetrate deeper into your skin.
5. Try not to use a blow dryer on your hair. It will dry out your hair even more than it already is. Try to style by hand or use unheated rollers.
6. Lip balm is a blessing for chapped lips. Make sure your lip balm contains a good moisturizer like Vitamin E, jojoba oil or other moisturizing oils. Apply it in the morning before you go outside and throughout the day.
7. If you exfoliate your face and body at least two times a week, your moisturizer will work better. By ridding the skin of dead skin cells, your pores are more open to receive the moisturizer. It also accelerates new skin growth.
8. Wear mittens or gloves to prevent your hands from becoming red and rough. Use moisturizer on your hands throughout the day.
9. Be sure to moisturize your face, body, and lips before bedtime. Let rehydration work while you sleep.
10. Get enough sleep! The next day is always harder when you’re tired. You really do need your beauty sleep. Restful sleep helps keep you young looking and healthy.
Get help for your mind and body with Dyanna Spa and Nail Salon Spa treatments
Don’t let the holiday blues or the winter blues get you down. Dyanna Spa and Nail Salon has spa treatments that will relax you and keep you looking your best.
Hot Stone Massage
Our Hot Stone Massage is just what the doctor ordered. Using heated basalt stones, which have excellent absorbent and heat retention qualities, our massage experts relax and energize you. The stones are placed on your back on specific points of your spine to relax and improve your body’s energy flow. For only $85.00, you get this stress relieving and energizing massage for a full hour. It’s great for both men and women.
The European Facial
Perfect for all skin types, the European Facial for men and women costs only $75.00 for one full hour of pampering. It begins with a complete cleansing of your face. Our esthetician exfoliates and cleans out any clogged pores. Following this cleansing process, is a mask and moisturizing treatment that totally rehydrates your skin. You’ll leave our day spa happier and younger than when you first walked through our door.
Depend on us to keep your spirits up and to keep you looking your best no matter what the time of year is. Call Dyanna Spa and Nail Salon now and make an appointment.